Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Daschle Is Done

Today Tom Daschle withdrew from the confirmation process to become Secretary of Health and Human Services. Since news first broke of the former Senator's $120,000 tax lapse Daschle had been facing a growing battle to be confirmed.

In a statement, Daschle called being chosen for the post an honor, adding, "But if 30 years of exposure to the challenges inherent in our system has taught me anything, it has taught me that this work will require a leader who can operate with the full faith of Congress and the American people, and without distraction. Right now, I am not that leader."

What do you think about Daschle's choice to withdraw? Vote in our poll to the right of this post. Any thoughts on who Obama should choose to replace him? Comment below.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he went accepting the nomination in the 1st place knowing he didn't pay taxes. But it looks like I can now skip a couple of years of tax paying and be fine so long as I don't accept any presidential nominations.

    ReplyDelete